Support Engineer I
We are in search for a Support Engineer I. This position is within the customer support function of the Operations team. The responsibilities include providing tier 1 and tier 2 helpdesk response and support within published service level agreements, incident and problem management, and various levels of customer interaction for internal and external customers within a managed service provider environment. Your role may also include authoring of technical documentation and network or system topologies; working with senior support staff on front and backend system/network deployments. Additionally, you must be willing to work flexible hours and function as part of an on-call after-hours rotation. This position reports directly to the Director of Operations
The ideal candidate will possess effective oral/written communications skills and works well in a team environment. The candidate has should be able to adapt quickly to fast-paced and highly dynamic technical support scenarios. Nothing is more powerful than a talented team that feels the only limit to how much they can produce is how smart they work to achieve expected results.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with senior level engineers in a mentoring program with ample room for professional growth. Your technical abilities will be tested every day.
- Provide timely responses for a variety of technical issues submitted via phone and/or email.
- Provide tier 1 and tier 2 support for a multi-tenant customer base in either a remote or onsite model.
- Manage service desk ticketing system.
- Resolve all customer submitted support requests and escalate as necessary.
- Appropriately escalate and route high level problems per service level agreements.
- Document and track status of customer issues, coordinate appropriate response, and provide follow up for the duration of an incident request life cycle.
- Participates in the assessment of client identified issues or problems which may require changes to customer SOPs or systems and network infrastructure.
- Promote a collaborative team environment that fosters creativity and innovation.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Required experience & skills:
- 5+ years of experience in remote and onsite helpdesk support.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be organized and have the ability to triage incidents based on priority and urgency.
- Strong experience with Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 desktop support.
- MCDST, HDI, A+, or equivalent experience.
- Experienced with Zendesk or Remedy or other service desk platforms.
- Experience with client level network troubleshooting.
- Experience with Mac OS and Linux/Unix a plus.
- Experience with Parallels Desktop and VMware Workstation/Fusion a plus.
- Experience with supporting a variety of mobile devices including IOS, Android and RIM.
- Able to work in a team as well as a self-driven individual.
- Able to travel between customer sites within the Bay Area (25 - 50%).
- Must be flexible in taking assignments and working under tight schedules and/or after hours.
- Highly motivated and eager to take advantage of an environment with ample opportunity for upward mobility.
Nuezra specializes in providing strategic IT solutions through services and products to companies of all sizes. From the desktop to cloud computing, we create solutions that will help your business operations flow effectively and efficiently. To learn more about Nuezra, visit www.nuezra.com.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- For immediate consideration please email your resume in a Word document to email@example.com. Thank you.
No Agencies or Third Party Solicitations. No relocation provided.